The Council are now developing Equality Outcomes for 2017 – 2021, and seek views on the current 10 Outcomes and how they can improve the next. Deadline 30th August.
Equality Outcomes for 2013 – 2017:
1. People have increased confidence to report hate crime.
2. Survivors and those at risk of gender-based violence are supported.
3. Sectarian-based prejudice is reduced.
4. More people with protected characteristics enter employment, education or training.
5. More apprentices with protected characteristics secure sustained employment opportunities.
6. The Council has promoted diversity in the local economy.
7. People who are most vulnerable have support and information to help them access the benefits.
8. Disabled people have increased physical activity.
9. Disabled people are supported to live independently in the community.
10.Employees feel they are able to respond confidently and appropriately to all colleagues and citizens.